This was posted on Tastemade Japan. All recipes put here are for my own reference, as I need to cook everyday in Minerva.
- (sushi rice)
- 2 cups cooked Japanese rice
- 3 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 types ( 160 g ) of your favorite sashimi (tuna, squid, salmon, etc) – I prefer shrimps, squids and octopuses over fish myself
- 1 avocado
- 3 1/2 oz. smoked salmon
- 6 perilla leaves (tía tô in Vietnamese)
- 4 thinly sliced cucumber strips
- 4 slices salmon
- 1 tbsp salmon roe (ikura)
- sliced egg omelette
- Combine together rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Add mixture to hot cooked rice and mix well to evenly distribute seasonings throughout rice.
- Dice cut the various sashimi fish and set aside.
- Line bottom of 6-inch cake pan with diced sashimi pieces.
- Put 1/3 of the sushi rice on top of the sashimi pieces, smoothing out the surface so that it’s nice and flat.
- Arrange pirella leaves on the rice, followed by the smoked salmon.
- Put 1/2 the remaining rice on top and smooth out the surface.
- Top with avocado.
- Add the rest of the rice on top and flatten.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Flip it over onto a serving plate. Top with salmon, cucumber strips, sliced egg omelette and salmon roe.
I think I still need video demonstration