I often skip my breakfast. I know I know it’s bad. But I always need 1 hour to “wake my stomach up”, or you know, begin to get any appetite at all. As I get more health conscious, I want to change that bad habit of mine.
This recipe below is not a healthy breakfast (my taste buds don’t accept granola, nuts, cereals – I tried), but I hope it can change my habit.
The preparation and cooking time nearly equates to 1 hour, and most of the work is done by the oven so I can multitask by rushing that homework that is due by 08.00AM or practicing yoga, or be a lazy bum and get back to nap for 30 more minutes.
BACON EGG BOWLS (Source: Tastemade – thanks to this place I don’t need to eat same thing everyday 🙂 )
- 250g thickly sliced bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 270ml milk
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 buns
LET’S GET COOKING…
- Fry the bacon in a pan set to medium heat until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl. For extra flavour, you can add any herb or seasoning of your choice.
- Slice the tops off the buns and remove the bread from the center, creating bowls. Place the bowls on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Evenly distribute the bacon and cheese between the bread bowls, then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 320F for 30-40 min, until the egg has set and is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and enjoy!